Child Neurology Consultants of Austin is closely monitoring information about the coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, from the Centers for Disease Control and other credible medical sources. We know how important it is for your child to see his or her neurologist or rheumatologist. Our providers are continuing to see patients at the CNCA Cedar Park and South Austin clinics. There is no need to reschedule unless your child has an active fever or respiratory symptoms.
Please do not bring siblings or other visitors to the visit, just a parent or caregiver.
We will launch our telehealth service during the week of March 23rd. Please check our website for updates regarding our telehealth service.
If for any reason you cannot make your appointment, please reschedule by calling (512) 494-4000.
You can keep up to date with the latest news about coronavirus by checking these sources:
Below is some additional information to keep you and your family informed:
Q. What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Symptoms can include:
- shortness of breath
Q. Can coronaviruses be prevented?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, there are some everyday preventive actions you can take to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Q. Do I need to reschedule my appointment?
No. You only need to reschedule if you have an active fever or respiratory symptoms AND you have traveled outside of North America. However, if you wish to reschedule, please call (512) 494-4000.