Expedited Concussion Services
Concussion Services at Child Neurology Consultants of Austin include evaluating and treating patients who have sustained concussions and other types of mild traumatic brain injuries. Our patients include children of all ages, from birth through young adulthood.
Comprehensive Concussion Care Specially Designed for Kids
Accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment are critical in promoting a healthy, full recovery after a concussion. Our team of pediatric neurologists is dedicated to providing comprehensive evaluation, education, and support to families to ensure proper care of concussion symptoms and to help prevent further injury.
Concussions can lead to other medical complications, such as posttraumatic headaches, vertigo, confusion, sleep issues, and behavior changes. We use advanced diagnostic technology to evaluate neurocognitive changes and provide a customized treatment plan to fit each child’s needs.
What We Offer
To provide excellent care with effective results, we offer the following services:
- Initial appointments within 48 hours of contacting our practice and ongoing follow-up care
- Comprehensive evaluation by a provider with extensive experience in concussion management
- Expert management of concussion symptoms, such as headaches, sleep problems, and cognitive issues
- Partnership with local schools and sports clubs for care coordination and guidelines for return-to-learn and safe return-to-play
- Referrals to pediatric specialists in physical and occupational therapy, education, behavioral health, and related medical professionals
- Access to local support groups for concussion patients, brain injury caregivers, and families
- Computerized cognitive assessment for children ages 5 and up, including ImPACT, which can be administered in our clinic