In-Home Video EEG Monitoring
Child Neurology Consultants of Austin offers four types of electroencephalogram (EEG) studies that may be ordered by your provider.
With in-home video EEG monitoring, Child Neurology Consultants of Austin aims to provide convenient options for families who do not need to be admitted into the hospital for a real-time video analysis. Our in-home video EEG outpatient service uses our own equipment, our own technicians, and is monitored by our own physicians.
Benefits of In-Home Video EEG
- Patients are monitored in the comfort of their home.
- Families do not need to travel to a hospital or office.
- Studies are conveniently scheduled based on patient/family request.
- Less costly (versus hospital-based study) for you and your health plan.
- Studies in the home offer a “natural setting” improving the reliability of capturing events.